Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Podcasts

About two months ago I joined the Yappies around the world and bought myself a 60GB Video iPOD.
Yep, the 5G, black one. But that's not what I wanted to post about. I wanted to post about Podcasts. It's not a new thing, but it gaining momentum these days. Read the Wikipedia, it's insightful as always.
Anyhow, I wanted to share my list of subscriptions, with little descriptions aswell:
  1. Audible Ajax - A show from guys at Ajaxian.com about all things AJAX, with interviews of the most important developers in this field.
  2. Diggnation - A show hosted by Kevin Rose Alex Albrecht (TechTV guys) about the most popular topics from their social-news site called Digg.com , is very light and fun show.
  3. Engadget - Very professional show about EVERYTHING that there is to know about coming up gadgets and tech-toys.
  4. Gillmor Gang - Discussions with various influential people of the industry. Can sometimes be dull, but mostly rather interesting.
  5. Inside the Net - Leo and Amber (TechTV) talk about all the new Web2.0 sites and new project buzz around the net.
  6. Infected - A hysterical show by Martin Sargent (Unscrewed). Nothing tech-related, but a good laugh is garantied.
  7. The Web 2.0 Show - As the title says, it's a show about Web 2.0 trends, and has some very interesting guests.
  8. this WEEK in TECH - Called 'Best podcast of 2005', this is another Leo's show with John Dvorak and many other hosts, one of my definite favorites. Very up-to-date stuff.

So there you have it. This is what keeps me occupied on my drive to work. If only I could manage to hard-wire the iPOD into my Honda Civic's radio, and not suffer from that FM transmitter that I have... Oh well.
Till next time,
Cheers.

Technorati Tags: ,

1 comment:

Ferreus said...

You don't understand what you have...
The lags of fm transmiter simulate real radio experience... :)