Thursday, January 27, 2005

Plugins commited!

Ok. Let's see what I've got for you today... Tons of commits today, lots of code went in... Plugins are in! Take a look at the screenshots (click to zoom):

This is the Plugins tab in Settings dialog. Plugins can be enabled/disabled and configured.
Here's how the usual configuration for plugin would look like:


Now here's the tricky part. The stuff that you see as Plugin Properties is actually generated when the dialog is shown, based on plugin's internal structure. Each plugin defines what types of options it want's to use. Then all the settings are stored in central XML file in ~/.pyqlogger

Next step - rewrite the ToolbarManager to load the default buttons, so we'll get all the basic functionality in place.

Anyhow, it's going rather well, hope I'll be able to finish it before my next semester...

1 comment:

Fabrice said...

I can't wait to try it out! Some time ago I did a SVN checkout but failed to install it. This did not surprise me at all as 2.0 is clearly a hacker-version. I am no hacker but merely a user wanting to try out 2.0 :) (man those screenies made me drool)

And oh yes I promised to write something for dot.kde.org. I Will do that soon because I want some sort of howto. An article of the new 2.0-series will definitely need to be mentioned on the Dot I suppose.

Cool stuff (and I talk too much)

Ciao' and kudos to the PyQLogger hacker(s)

Fabrice