Sunday, October 17, 2004

PyQLogger progress

Hi there. The work on PyQLogger is still on. I plan to squash main bugs and implement my basic requested set of features before I release 1.3. Until now there were this changes:
  1. - Fixed the hanging of the application after GUI exit
  2. + Added first draft of Unicode support (post works, fetching does not)
  3. * Web browser for preview now is opened correctly thru webbrowser.py module
  4. + In AtomBlog added getPost function
  5. + Blog Backup util started (see previous post)

What does bother me, though, is the Unicode problem. When I post an entry with mixed encoded material (i tried russian and hebrew), it get's posted just great, but in response I get ????? symbols instead of letters. Very discouraging. Ideas anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm waiting to see it in action on my sid. i read you post on kde-apps re some issues with debian's python... hoping they'll get fixed soon

anyway, good work judging by the screenshots!

felipe