Friday, August 13, 2004

Updates slowdown

Howdy. Well, the updates on the Shlogger project will get a slowdown in the near future for the following reason - it's done.  It works like I want it to, and has all the needed features. I've made a workspace with all the sources and will probably build a test release, but I doubt that anyone will use it, since it's written in beta c# 2.0 , but what the heck?

Anyhow, there are some changes:

  1. I've added an About Dialog, which can be run from the System Menu (I didn't want to clutter the main interface with such unneeded feature)
  2. The tree view was changed to ListView. The dates of the posts are displayed next to the posts now, which is pretty. This change had opened up quite a few bugs, but all are small and I will squash them soon
  3. Since all the features are complete I'm thinking about something quite different to do with the project - Port It to MONO. This is very ambitious since I haven't written a single app in Gtk, but this could be a nice challenge. Most likely my enthusiasm will die down soon, but it's worth a shot.

No comments: